Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is out right now on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD and it’s packed full of food.
The movie stars a young inventor called Flint Lockwood who just saved the world by destroying his own invention – a machine that made it rain cheeseburgers and meatballs. Trouble soon turns up though when Flint realises the invention survived and is now creating food-animal combos known as Foodimals! Click here to check out the movie!
And because the movie got us in the mood for some delicious food, Luke met up with Junior Masterchef winner Tom Barlow-Kay to learn how to make Apple and Blueberry muffins.
We’ve got the full recipe for you too, check it out…
Apple and Blueberry Muffins
Makes 4 muffins (this recipe is suitable for all ages with adult supervision)
Teaspoon, Grater, Fork, Mixing Bowl, 4 Muffin Cases, Bun Tin, Sharp knife, Vegetable Chopping Board, Sieve, Wire Rack
1 egg, 50g caster sugar, 50ml sunflower or vegetable oil, 70g self raising flour, 1 dessert apple, grated, Pinch of baking powder, Pinch of cinnamon, Handful of fresh ripe blueberries
Preparation Time: 25 min
Cooking Time approx: 20 minutes
Oven temperature : 175 ˚C, Gas Mark 5. Preheat the oven
1. Crack the egg into the mixing bowl and whisk well with the fork.
2. Add the sugar and carry on whisking, add the oil and whisk again
3. Core the apple and grate with the skin on. Be very careful! Add the grated apple to the egg, sugar and oil add a handful of blueberries. Mix well.
4. Sift half of the flour into the mixture and mix well again. Sift the cinnamon, baking powder and remaining flour and fold gently until everything is combined. The mixture needs to be quite thick, only falling off a spoon very slowly, dropping consistency.
5. Place the muffin cases into the bun tin. Using a dessert spoon, fill each case ¾ full with your apple cake mixture.
6. Put them into the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. The muffins are ready when you stick a sharp knife or tooth pick into the sponge and the knife comes out clean, not sticky!
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Are you going to have a go at making the muffins? Let us know in the comment box below.
Remember, you can listen to Fun Kids on DAB Digital Radio in London and online across the UK! Click here to listen!