For younger readers
Maisy Goes on Holiday
By Lucy Cousins
- Sunhat, camera, books – Maisy is packing for holiday and she’s very excited.
- The story shows Maisy on her journey from the train station and all the way to the sea. There’s lots for Maisy to do at the beach and she loves staying in the hotel.
- Like the other Maisy ‘first experiences’ book, this is a brightly coloured, simple introduction to going on holiday that glances at all the exciting things to do while staying by the sea with an emphasis on friendship, fun and activities.
- It is a gentle and reassuring book for any small child who is about to enjoy their first holiday – or to reflect on their experiences once they are home.
Published by Walker Books
For older readers
Artemis Fowl and the Atlantis Complex
By Eoin Colfer
- Artemis Fowl, the young mastermind of crime, is back. The world is under threat from global warming and Artemis has come up with a solution.
- There’s just one problem. Artemis has been dabbling in too much magic and it’s caught up with him. He’s become nice.
- The fairies call it Atlantis Complex and they have to get him back to his bad old ways before it’s too late. Vicious robots are attacking the subterranean city of Atlantis and the ‘nice’ Artemis is too – well, nice – to stop them. Can Captain Holly Short get the real Artemis back?
- Author Eoin Colfer has delivered another quick-witted, funny and compulsive read with a slightly darker plot than some of the previous books. It all goes to show – if you must mess with magic, expect consequences!
Published by Puffin
Our Books of the Week is in association with the ReadingZone
- The children’s books website www.ReadingZone.com aims to help families to support their children’s reading by suggesting the best books available.
- The website provides news about books and authors, competitions, author interviews and recommendations, and there are distinct areas for children themselves to explore new releases.