Wear your Pyjamas with Pride to help sick children in hospitals and hospices.
Join thousands of people across the UK by wearing your Pyjamas for charity and donating £1 for the right to look wrong!
Register now and receive a fantastic, free fundraising pack to use on the day!
Also, a host of Pyjama party games and activities will be available to download on the website; including a Wallace & Gromit activity pack!
Wrong Trousers Day Fast Facts
- In 2003, Wrong Trousers Day became a national event supporting children’s healthcare in the UK through Wallace & Gromit’s Children’s Foundation.
- Since 2003 Wrong Trousers Day has been an outstanding success raising over £1.2 million for children in hospitals and hospices.
- Wrong Trousers Day has helped to build two new children’s hospitals and a new children’s hospice, provide state of the art equipment, create landscape garden and family accommodation facilities and fund specialist art, play and music therapy projects.
- It is backed by the treble Academy Award-winning plasticine characters Wallace and Gromit, created by Nick Park at Aardman and inspired by their film ‘The Wrong Trousers.’
- Over 45 hospitals and hospices in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have benefited from the money raised on Wrong Trousers Day
- To take part, people are invited to pay £1 to swap their normal attire for weird, wacky and wrong clothing!
- In the past, people have taken part in all kinds of fundraising events for Wrong Trousers Day from head shaving to sky diving!
Wrong Trousers Day at School
Join thousands of pupils and staff across the country to help celebrate Wrong Trousers Day!
- The first thing you need to do is register for a free fundraising pack
- Appoint some Wrong Trousers Day co-ordinators for your school. They are known as ‘The Big Cheese’ and these monitors have their own ‘Big Cheese’ stickers in the fundraising pack!
- Put up posters around the school – in classrooms and noticeboards.
- Tell your parents that your school is taking part in Wrong Trousers Day – put a piece in your newsletter and/or send a note home to all parents, click Schools_letter for a draft letter.
- Download the school lesson plans and assembly plans and other fun stuff here and arrange for it to be shown in your school a week before Wrong Trousers Day to remind everyone about the day.
- Have a look at the Cracking Fundraising Ideas here to make Wrong Trousers Day extra special in your school.
- Make sure you have enough stickers for everyone in your school
- Make sure you have enough collection boxes to collect everyone’s donation on the day
On Wrong Trousers Day
- Wear your ‘Big Cheese’ stickers
- Distribute stickers to everyone who is wearing Wrong Trousers
- Collect contributions from everyone in your collection box
- Count all the cash you have raised and pay it in to the bank or send it to Wallace.