Sunday might have been International Bacon Day, but we’ve now got bigger and better things to concentrate on…
The first week in September is National Waffle Week!
It’s an entire week dedicated to delicious waffles of all kinds, potato and sweet waffles…
To celebrate, check out our recipe for the best waffles in the world, below!
You will need:
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 355ml warm milk
- 75g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle maker to desired temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle maker. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve straight away!
You could top your waffles with ice cream, golden syrup, or opt for healthier options like berries and other soft fruit!
Add a comment