- Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world and is a beautiful place to spend the day.
- Some of the attractions include Queen Marys Dolls House, St Georges Chapel and the State Apartments.
- The gorgeous grounds are also open to visitors and are perfect to go for a stroll in.
- Windsor Castle is a lovely place for the family to spend the day, and remember to vist Eton as well – just over the bridge from the castle.
Nearest railway station – Windsor and Eton Riverside or Central stations
- Chatsworth House is a beautiful Stately home in Yorkshire.
- There is so much for all the family to do there, you can visit the farm yard and adventure playground, take a wander around the stunning gardens and take a tour of the house.
- Chatsworth is the perfect place to spend a family day out.
Nearest railway station – Chesterfield
- Edinburgh Castle is set upon a hill overlooking Edinburgh with great views of the surroundings.
- Learn the story of Edinburgh Castle and Scotland itself as you are given a tour through the majestic castle.
- Some of the highlights of the Castle include The Honours of Scotland and the Royal Scots Regimental Museum.
- It is an educational and impressive place to enjoy a family trip.
Nearest railway station – Edinburgh Waverley
- At Warwick Castle there are many things to do that the whole family will enjoy.
- You can visit the Princess Tower, take a walk through the Peacock Garden or for those brave ones you could even venture into the Castle Dungeons.
- Warwick Castle is an exciting place for the whole family to visit.
Nearest railway station – Warwick
- The Leeds Castle offers so much for the family to do ranging from visiting the Dog Collar Museum to taking a tour of the gardens on Segways.
- It is a very family friendly place with so much to entertain everyone.
- It is the perfect place to enjoy a day out with all the family.
Nearest railway station – Bearsted
Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal
- Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal has over 800 acres of safe and stunning countryside where you can have a picnic, go for a walk or just sit and read a book.
- As you wander around the grounds you will find many beautiful buildings and features including the Serpentine Tunnel, the Octagon Tower and the Water Garden.
- Fountains Abbey is a delightful place to spend a relaxing day out with the family.
Nearest railway station – York
- Alnwick Castle is a lived in Castle in Northumberland and has been the set of Harry Potter, Blackadder and many more.
- The castle offers a wide range of things for the family including visiting the Alnwick gardens, taking a tour of the castle or taking part in the dragon’s quest.
- Alnwick is a very beautiful place and perfect for a family day out.
Nearest railway station – Alnmouth
- Hever Castle is every child’s imaginary castle complete with a moat.
- There are many things to do including taking a walk around the lake or looking at some of the exhibitions that may be on show.
- Hever Castle is a very interesting and historic castle and is a great place to visit for everyone.
Nearest railway station – Edenbridge Town Station
- Glamis Castle is a beautiful castle surrounded by myths and legends.
- The expansive grounds are perfect to take a peaceful walk with the family or you could take a tour around the castle and admire the elaborate furnishings and decorations.
- There are many things to see and do there and it is a great place to go to with the family.
Nearest railway station – Dundee Station
- Floors Castle is a stunning castle situated in the Scottish Borders and is the largest inhabited castle in Scotland.
- The Woodland and Riverside Walk take you around the stunning gardens or you could take a tour around the house or let off some steam in the adventure playground.
- The castle is a really lovely and family orientated place sure to be loved by all those who visit it.
Nearest railway station – Berwick upon Tweed