If you’ve a passion for nature then listen up! We’re giving you the chance to share your writing talent on Fun Kids!
It’s part of an annual competition we help run called WildVerse.
All we want you to do is write a poem inspired by the great outdoors – it could be your favourite animal, insect, flower or special place.
Your poem can be as long or as short as you like – it could be in any style and it certainly doesn’t have to rhyme.
The competition closes on 23rd October 2020.
The winning poems will be published in the RSPB’s youth magazines, and get read out on Fun Kids!
The poems are split into three age categories, so you’ll be competing against people your own age and ability.
There’s also prizes up for grabs for the winners from the RSPB mystery prize cupboard…
Make sure you ask an adult before filling forms out online.
Competition closes midday on 23rd October 2020!
- This competition is open to all UK residents under 18, except any employee of or person directly connected with the RSPB and their immediate family members. Proof of age may be required.
- Applicants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants under 18 agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
- All applicants must be amateur writers.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted by uploading to www.funkidslive.com/wildverse. Please refer to the competition page for further details at www.rspb.org.uk/wildverse.
- The RSPB must receive entries by 11.59pm on 23rd October 2020. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of the RSPB.
- The RSPB accepts no responsibility for any technical failure, malfunction or any other problem with any server, internet access system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost, corrupted or not properly registered or recorded. No responsibility will be taken for damaged or lost entries.
- Three winners shall receive an RSPB prize and have their poem read out on Fun Kids radio. Six runners-up will also receive an RSPB prize. The judges’ decisions shall be final. No correspondence regarding the results will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 1 week of a decision being made and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the RSPB within 21 days of being notified by the RSPB, then they will forfeit their prize and a replacement winner will be selected from the other applicants.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The RSPB reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if necessary.
- The winner’s name will be published on the competition website and in Wild Times, Wildlife Explorer or Wingbeat.
- Please note hard copy entries cannot be returned. Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entry. Please see the full Terms and Conditions below.
- The RSPB reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
For full T&Cs, head to RSPB Kids Competitions and search for ‘WildVerse‘Add a comment