Handshakes started all the way back in the Medieval Age!
Most Medieval fighters were right handed, so shaking hands was considered a peace offering
They also shook hands to show that they weren’t carrying weapons!
Nowadays there is so many different greetings all over the world. In Ethiopia some people touch shoulders, and in Tibet they stick out their tongues!Embed from Getty Images
There are so many more different types of greetings! Here is just a few…
- People bump noses in Qatar, Yemen and Oman
- Air Kissing is a very popular greeting and is used in countries like Italy, France, Portugal and many more!
- In New Zealand people rub faces!
- People clap their hands to say hello in Zimbabwe and Mozambique
- Many people bow in Cambodia, India, Laos, Japan and Thailand
Don’t forget you can find out more fun facts on the Fun Kids Facts App on your Amazon Alexa!
Find out how below!Add a comment