- Quarter head of cauliflower
- Quarter head of broccoli
- 10g butter or margarine
- 10g flour
- 150ml milk
- 50g grated cheese
What to do
1. Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into florets. Steam until tender or boil for 5 minutes. Drain and set to one side.
2. Place the milk, butter (or margarine) and flour into a saucepan. Gradually bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to create a smooth paste and prevent lumps.
3. Add half the grated cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
4. Place the cauliflower and broccoli into an oven proof dish. Pour over the cheese sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top.
5. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 190°C / gas mark 5 / moderately hot for 15 mins.
© Copyright The Vegetarian Society