- 30ml/2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium potato, peeled and very finely cubed
- 450g/1 lb leeks, washed and chopped
- 900ml/1 ½ pts vegetable stock
- 250g/9oz vegan soft cheese with Garlic and Herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
What to do
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the potato until tender. Add the leeks and sweat with the lid on for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Put the vegan soft cheese with garlic and herbs into a bowl. Add a few spoons of soup and blend together with a fork to make a thick, creamy consistency. Stir into the hot soup and season to taste.
© Copyright The Vegetarian Society