Fun Kids has compiled a load of information about what climate change is, what’s responsible for it, and how individuals and organisations can help prevent and mitigate threats of climate change.
We’ve put all of that information into a pack for schools, parents and children to use.
The pack poses and answers these questions:
- What is climate change?
- What are the effects of climate change?
- What is the greenhouse effect, what are greenhouse gasses, and how does human activity warm the climate?
- What are some of the things we can do to mitigate climate change?
- How can I let people know how I feel about climate change?
- What is ‘Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Repair, Recycle, Rot’?
- What’s a carbon footprint and how do I work mine out?
The pack also contains:
- Experiments you can do at home and in the classroom to demonstrate on small scales what climate change is and how the effects of climate change work
- Information on how to write to MPs and companies
- Practical things you can do today to start becoming a climate hero.
There’s also an accompanying PowerPoint presentation.
The presentation covers all of the same items as the pack and is perfect for sharing with your class.
If you find the pack helpful please let us know here . We appreciate any feedback so we can continue to provide useful educational content for schools and children.
There’s also several new series from Fun Kids all about the climate, ways in which it is changing, and how we can all help.