1. The word “orange” doesn’t rhyme with anything in the dictionary.
“Orange” is a word that sounds cheerful and bright, just like the colour itself…
…but did you know, it doesn’t have a single word that rhymes with it in the dictionary?!
Are you trying to think of one now? Thought so.
SPLORANGE!Embed from Getty Images
2. Horses and cows have a habit of sleeping while standing up!
Horses and cows are big and strong animals, but they have a very funny way of sleeping.
Instead of lying down like you do in your comfy bed, they sometimes take naps while they’re standing up!Embed from Getty Images
3. Your fingernails grow approximately four times faster than your toenails.
Your nails on your fingers grow super fast, much faster than the ones on your toes.
That’s why you might need to trim your fingernails more often.
Embed from Getty Images
4. There’s more stars in the universe than grains of sand on Earth.
Look at the sand on a beach, it’s like tiny grains of gold. But guess what?
There are even more stars up in the night sky than there are grains of sand on all the beaches in the whole wide world!Embed from Getty Images
5. Within Australia’s Daintree rainforest, you can find a tree called the “Idiot Fruit.”
Deep in a rainforest in Australia, there’s a tree with a funny name – the “Idiot Fruit”.
It’s also known as idiospermum australiense and is believed to be the oldest flowering tree!Embed from Getty Images
6. The longest ever goal was from a distance of over 82 metres.
During a game of football, there was a super cool moment when a player named Asamoah Gyan kicked the ball really, really far and scored a goal from farther away than you can even imagine!Embed from Getty Images
7. Storing elastic bands in the fridge can help extend their lifespan!
Did you know that you can make rubber bands last longer?
Just put them in the fridge, where you keep your ice cream, and they’ll stay stretchy and bouncy for longer!Embed from Getty Images
8. The fastest recorded raindrop travelled at a speed of 18 miles per hour!
Raindrops usually fall gently from the sky like tiny drops of water.
But once in a while, there’s a speedy raindrop that zooms down as fast as a car!Embed from Getty Images
9. There are more plastic flamingos in existence than real flamingos.
Plastic flamingos are like colourful pretend birds you can put in your yard.
Guess what? More people have pretend flamingos than real ones with feathers!
Embed from Getty Images
10. When you drink water, you’re consuming molecules that have passed through dinosaurs!
When you drink water, you’re sipping molecules that have traveled through time and have even been in the same places as the giant dinosaurs.
It’s like a tasty sip of history!