Wookey Hole Caves
- The Wookey Hole Caves are a fascinating place to visit.
- There is so much to do but the high light is definitely taking a tour of the caves and hearing all about the mystery and tales behind it.
- The caves are suitable for the whole family and are the perfect place to spend a family day out.
Nearest railway station – Bruton
Hell Fire Caves
- The Hell Fire Caves are hand carved tunnels and alcoves 300 feet underground.
- As you venture deeper into the tunnels you discover more about the social, natural and paranormal history of the caves.
- As well as being exciting the tunnels are also quite educational into the lifestyles at that time and also how the tunnels were made.
- It is a great place to spend a family day out.
Nearest railway station – High Wycombe
Cheddar Caves and Gorge
- The Cheddar Caves and Gorge are an exciting and natural place to visit with the family.
- There is so much to do that all the family will enjoy like Cox’s Cave and Crystal Quest or a tramp up to the look out tower, and after all of this you can take your picnic up to the gorge walk and eat your lunch surrounded by beautiful views.
- It is a great place to enjoy a family day out.
Nearest railway station- Weston-super-Mare
National Showcaves Centre for Wales
- The National Showcaves Centre for Wales consists of three big caves, the Bone Cave, Cathedral Cave and the Dan-yr-Ogof Cave.
- There are many activities to do apart from visiting the caves such as taking a wander through the Iron Age Village or the Dinosaur Park.
- There is so much for all the family to enjoy and to make your family day out perfect.
Nearest railway station – Neath
- Chislehurst Caves are a maze formed by a warren of man made tunnels 30 metres below.
- As you re given a guided tour through the tunnels you will hear the interesting stories about the Saxons, Romans and the Druids.
- You will also hear about the many uses of the caves over the years including being a bomb shelter during the World War II and being a venue for dances and concerts during the 1960s and 70s. The caves have a very interesting history and are an exciting place to visit.
Nearest railway station – Chislehurst
White Scar Cave
- White Scar Cave was sculpted naturally over the years and has the longest showcave in Britain.
- The formation of the caves is very exotic and full of stunning waterfalls and glistening stalactites.
- One of the very interesting things found at White Scar Cave are the natural formations some looking very similar to faces.
- The White Scar Cave is a very interesting and beautiful place to visit with the family.
Nearest railway station- Ribblehead or Bentham
St Clement Cave
- St Clements Cave tells the story of smuggling 200 years ago.
- As well as being used to smuggle they were also used as an air raid shelter and a ballroom for dances.
- The story of how the caves were rediscovered is also quite amusing.
- There is also the chance to see some of the artefacts found in the caves amongst the alcoves.
- The caves are an exciting place to enjoy a day out.
Nearest railway station – Hastings
- The Speedwell Cavern is a magical place.
- To enter you must first climb down 105 steps then you take an underground boat journey through the twisting tunnels until you reach the Cavern were you are greeted by a huge subterranean lake, the Bottomless Pit.
- The Speedwell Cavern is a beautiful and exciting place to visit and enjoy a family day out.
Nearest railway station – Hope
- The Peak Cavern has the biggest natural cave entrance in the British Isles in which is the remains of an ancient village.
- As you enter further into the caverns you come across the continuous gush of water and even further you begin to hear the source of the river Styx.
- The peak cavern is a different and exciting experience for all the family to enjoy.
Nearest railway station – Hope
The Reigate Caves
- There are three Reigate Caves – the Barons Cave, West Cavern and East Cavern.
- During the tours, you are able to see how they were mined and have been used over the centuries.
- The caves are a fascinating place and are in the middle of a lovely town.
Nearest railway station – Reigate