20 to 21 July
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
18:30 – 21:00
- Oddsocks players involve you in the action from the safety of your chair (or blanket). Bettys Teahouse will be open in the garden during the interval for hot drinks.
1 to 28 August
The Great Garden Adventure
Everyday 10am – 4pm
Harlow Carr Warriors, are you ready for a challenge? Can you take on the great garden adventure? If you are brave enough pack the essentials, bring the family and report to Harlow Carr.
- Its family fun in the summer holidays!
- Every weekend develop your outdoor skills with den building, bush crafts and a scavenger hunt workshop?
- All kids under 16 come FREE throughout August!
Forest party at Harlow Carr
10am – 4pm
- Come dressed up for our Forest Party.
- Enjoy music, dance and magical games in the hidden woodland!
- The start of the Great Garden Adventure at Harlow Carr.
1 – 29 August
The Mystery Garden Quest
10am – 4pm
- Take on the quest around the garden, you’ll be surprised by what you find!
Weekends in August from 7 August
10am – 4pm
- Every weekend develop your outdoor skills with den building and bush crafts in thethe hidden woodland zone
Sunday 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th August
Garden Yoga Adventure and the Yoga Bugs
11.15am, 11.50am, 12.30pm, 1.15pm, 1.50pm & 2.30pm
- If you would like something a little more serene why not try your hand at Yoga in the garden.
- For the little garden adventurers and mini explores have a go!
- YogaBugs Session lasts approx 20 mins. Wet weather option organised in case of rain.
- Yoga mats will be provided.
- Pick up a free trail map from the Garden Entrance, with a different version for each season of the year and have fun following the clues. There’s also I-Spy for the under sixes so that the whole family can have fun spotting plants, insects and sights around the garden. There’s usually a quiz at each of the events too!
- Become an explorer!
- Explore the Log maze and see if you can reach the middle where you can climb up for a great view over the garden. Find the Log Ness Monster, completely made from logs.
- Young visitors can also enjoy the children’s play area and hunt out the woodland dens and – new this year – have a go on the ride-on tractors and help build Harlow Carr’s new Learning Centre.
Wildlife in the garden
- Watch out for birds & squirrels in the Woodland, ducks on the lake, and discover the Bird hide and bird feeding station in the Woodland. There’s also an Observation beehive next to the Study Centre.
KIDS GO FREE TO RHS GARDENS IN AUGUST
Where can I find out more?
See the Fun Kids review on RHS Harlow Carr
RHS Garden Harlow Carr