We’ve teamed up with The CO Crew to tell you all about the dangers of Carbon Monoxide and how you can stay safe!
To help spread the word about Carbon Monoxide, we’ve come up with some delicious recipes to help you BBQ safely this summer!
Who are we?
Yo, nice to meet you! We’re Loz and Mimi and we’re The CO Crew. It’s our special mission to spread the word about CO – have you heard of it?!
CO is also known as carbon monoxide and it’s a poisonous gas. That means if you breathe it in, it can make you very ill!
The thing is, you can’t see, hear, smell, taste, or touch it – that’s why some people call it the ‘silent killer’.
Where does it come from?
You might be thinking, ‘where does it come from?’
Well, carbon monoxide can come from any household appliance you use to cook with and heat your home.
It’s really important you know how to spot the dangers and how to deal with them!
Flames from cookers should be BLUE. If they are floppy and ORANGE then tell an adult immediately, as this could be a CO leak!
What are the effects on the body?
There are several symptoms caused by carbon monoxide poisoning. These include:
- Nausea or feeling sick
- Loss of consciousness
If you suspect you may have a carbon monoxide leak you should call the National Gas Emergency number on 0800 111 999 and/or consult a doctor!
Find out more about The CO Crew at www.thecocrew.co.ukAdd a comment