24 – 30 July
Mad about Machines
- Mad about machines? Then head to Wisley to see our vintage tractor display and tools from a bygone age. Transport yourself back in time and see tractors from the 1930s and 40s, discover tools used in gardens and fields through the ages and then return to the present day to climb on board some modern day tractors.
- Tractor display
- Marvel at a wonderful display of vintage tractors and imagine them in full use in their glory days. See over 20 tractors in pristine condition, including a 1943 David Brown, and a 1949 French Messidor tractor, one of only two in the country. Compare old and new and climb on board a modern tractor.
- Vintage tractor parade
- See some of the vintage tractors in action as they parade through the Seven Acres at 11am and 2pm.
- Tractor and trailer rides
- Imagine yourself heading to the fields for a days work and enjoy tractor and trailer rides around the Arboretum, between 10am and 4pm on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 July.
- Agricultural tools through the ages
- Mowers, seed sowers, ploughs, sprayers and trowels. Just some of the eclectic range of tools that will be on show throughout the week. Learn about how hand tools were used and how they have developed over time into the tools we are familiar with today.
31 July – 30 August
The Great Garden Adventure
- Develop your outdoors skills with den building, tracking and camouflage & learn about plants that bite back. Take cover as birds of prey swoop from above.
- Discover some brilliant bugs. Conquer the massive sunflower maze and enjoy summer outdoor games.
Sunflower Maze, Garden Games and Wild at Wisley Play Area
- Weave your way through our giant Sunflower Maze, challenge the family to garden games and balance, hide and swing your way through our Wild at Wisley play area.
Plants that Bite Back
31 July – 8 August
- Wind your way around our trail and discover amazing plants.
- 31 July, 1 Aug – Sow and grow some spicy seeds.
- 3, 4 Aug – Plant your own carnivorous plug plant.
- 7, 8 Aug – Sow and grow some spicy seeds.
- Develop your photography skills with our fun and informative workshops, taking photos of plants – just like real plant hunters. You can decorate a photo frame to take home too.
- Call 0845 612 1253 to pre-book – workshop £6 per person.
9 – 22 August
- Join forces as a family and develop your outdoor skills with den building, knot tying and tracking.
- Try miniature raft building on 10 and 11 Aug or camouflage on 12 and 17 Aug.
14 – 15 August
- Come and experience the thrill of flying birds of prey. You’ll be amazed by their speed and agility.
- Displays at 11 am and 3 pm.
Sow & Grow
- 18, 19 Aug – Discover more about seed dispersal and design your own seed parachute.
- 21, 22 Aug – Sow and grow some spicy seeds.
23 – 27 August
- Pick up your magnifying glass and discover some brilliant bugs on our exciting Bug Hunts running throughout the week.
The Big Bug Experience
24, 26 Aug
- See amazing bugs from around the world.
- Call 0845 612 1253 to pre-book – free.
26, 27 Aug
- Dive in and have a go at making small willow and tissue bugs.
- Call 0845 612 1253 to pre-book – workshop £3 per person.
28 – 30 August
- Lovely ladybirds or marvellous minibeasts; use your artistic talents to design a colourful mask.
- Help us create fabulous giant willow and tissue ladybirds and caterpillars.
All children are welcome, but our activities are most suitable for children aged 3 to 11.
Kids Go Free aged 16 or under when accompanied by an adult.
For more information:
See the Fun Kids review of RHS Wisley
RHS Garden Wisley