- 1 carrot
- 1 sweet red pepper
- Half a butternut squash
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 courgette
- 1 sprig of rosemary & 1 bay leaf or pinch of mixed herbs
- 150g couscous
- 300ml low salt vegetable stock in hot water
What to do
1. Place the couscous and stock into a large bowl. Allow to stand for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
2. Peel and chop the sweet potato into small pieces. Peel, de-seed and chop the squash into small pieces. Slice the courgette, carrot and red pepper.
3. Place all the vegetables into on oven proof dish with a little olive oil, herbs and roast in a pre-heated oven at 200°C / gas mark 6 / moderately hot for 15 minutes.
4. When the vegetables are cooked stir them into the couscous.
5. Serve with a green salad.
Good source of vitamin A
© Copyright The Vegetarian Society