Takes about 30 mins
- 8 Chunky premium pork sausages
- 15ml (1tbsp) Oil
- 2 Large sprigs fresh sage, roughly torn
- 1 Onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 125ml (¼pt) Sweet cider or apple juice
Black Pudding and Leek Mash:
- 100g (4oz) Black pudding, cut into cubes
- 900g (2lb) Potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 Leeks, sliced
- Splash milk
- Knob of butter
- Peel potatoes. Place into a pan, cover with water and boil for about 15 minutes until soft. During the last 8-10 minutes add leeks. Meanwhile in a small frying pan cook black pudding until crisp.
- Drain the potatoes and leeks, and mash with a splash of milk and a knob of butter. Stir through the black pudding.
- Heat oil in a pan and gently pan cook sausages with sage, onion rings and garlic, turning frequently to avoid sausages catching until well golden.
- Add a slosh of cider and allow to boil and reduce slightly to create a thin tasty gravy. (If the gravy is a little too bitter add a small pinch of sugar.)
- Serve sausages with a mound of mash and moat of gravy!!