- 1 onion
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 10 baby sweetcorns
- 1 red and 1 green pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 medium head of broccoli
- 10 button mushroom
- 1 pack of firm tofu
- 1 small packet of bean sprouts
- Sesame seed oil
- Jar of Black Bean Sauce
- Cashew Nuts (optional)
1. Slice one packet of firm tofu into chunks. Deep–fry for three minutes. This will give a crispy outside and a fluffy middle. Place on a paper towel.
2. Blanch the broccoli for three minutes in boiling water then drain.
3. The first job is to slice the following vegetables into bite–sized pieces:
4. In a large wok, stir–fry the vegetables & nuts (except the bean sprouts) and tofu in two tablespoons of sesame seed oil for five minutes. Stir in a jar of black bean sauce and the bean sprouts. Continue to cook for another three minutes.
5. Serve with toasted pitta bread or rice.