The Fun Kids Top Ten – Zoos and Safari Parks
Longleat Safari Park
- The safari park at Longleat allows you to get up close to some of the most exciting animals in the world, like the monkeys and the lions.
- Longleat is associated with the Tusk Trust charity, and together they have performed critical in-situ conservation projects in Africa.
- There is a Safari bus service provided for those who travel by public services. Longleat is a magical place where you can experience the wilderness of places like Africa in the comfort of your own car.
Nearest railway station – Warminster
- At Chessington Zoo, there are over 1,000 exotic and wild animals to meet.
- There are so many different types of animals to be found, at the Wanyama Village and Reserve you would think you were in Africa as you will find Zebras, Meerkats and the Scimitar Horned Oryx.
- You will also have the chance to meet the creatures of the deep blue in the Sea Life Centre.
Nearest railway station – Chessington South Station
Blair Drummond Safari Park
- Blair Drummond Safari Park has a wide range of things to do, from the Wildlife Animal reserve to a boat trip around Chimp Island.
- There’s so much for all the family to enjoy, all of which is included in the price.
- There are also short education talks daily full of fun and interesting information about the residents at Blair Drummond.
Nearest railway station – Stirling
- Chester Zoo has over 7000 animals and 400 different species ranging from your everyday animals to some of the most endangered on the planet.
- The Zoo has partnerships with conservation organisations and large numbers of conservation professionals and works with local communities to help educate them about protecting local species and habitats.
Nearest railway station – Chester Zoo
- The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is a charity devoted to the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats which also works with local communities to conserve their environment.
- There are over 12,000 exciting animals to visit. Some of the amazing attractions to see include the Rain forest, which is the only living rainforest in London. London Zoo is a fun place to spend the day with the family.
Nearest railway station – Camden Town Tube Station
- At Edinburgh Zoo there is a wide range of things for all the family to enjoy, visiting over 1000 animals is only one of them.
- There are safari rides, ply areas and the chance to get up close and personal with some of the animals.
- The zoo is also one of Europe’s leading centres of conservation, research and education.
Nearest railway station – Edinburgh Waverly or Edinburgh Haymarket station
Knowsley Safari Park
- As well as meeting many safari animals like African Wild dogs, Brow Antlered Deer and the emu you can also have a go on the amusement rides, guaranteed to be enjoyed by children.
- Knowsley has one of the largest herds of the endangered Pere Davids deer which were considered extinct until the 1980s.
Nearest railway station – Prescot
West Midland Safari Park
- The West Midland Safari Park is home to over 600 animals and has four mile of safari trail which provide the perfect opportunity to get up close to the animals.
- The Park is home to the only pride of White Lions which are practically extinct.
- There is also a Discovery Trail which includes the SeaQuarium, Twilight Cave, Seal Island and Mark O’Sheas Reptile World.
- Along the trail you can learn about the large variety of animals living there.
- There is a lot to keep you occupied all day and leave you wanting to come back for another visit.
Nearest railway station – Kidderminster
Howletts Zoo Park
- Howletts Park offers the family the chance to walk amongst the parks lemurs and allows you to become closer to the tigers by having a glass fronted enclosure.
- They also have the UKs largest elephant herd.
- As well as seeing the animals you also get to challenge yourself on the tree top challenge, where you can climb amongst the trees.
- Howletts Zoo Park provides all the ingredients for a perfect family day out.
Nearest railway station – Bekesbourne Station
- The Blackpool Zoo has over 1500 animals and has won the Best Visitor Attraction in Lancashire this year.
- The Zoo has recently opened a new sea lion pool and has many other exciting attractions to visit like the Dinosaur Safari where you learn about the mighty dinosaurs that lived before they went extinct.
- These are only some the amazing attractions available and all provide for an exciting day out for the family.
Nearest railway station – Blackpool North or Blackpool South station