Here are today’s activities!
Listen to Story Quest!
Story Quest is our weekly story podcast for everyone who loves a good story.
Give it a listen, then have a go at retelling the story to one of your friends or family.
Check out Deep Space High
Next I want you to watch today’s episode of Deep Space High.
Today’s episode is all about how ExoMars Rover finds it’s way while driving around mars –– there are no road signs, you know!
Number 3 on the list it’s a sticky, icky, slimy, activity. We’re making our own slime!
Remember to get an adult to help you.
- 8-ounce bottle of PVA glue
- 1.5 to 2 tablespoons contact saline solution, more as needed
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Food colouring (optional)
- Add glue and food colouring to bowl.
- Mix in saline solution. Add the saline solution and mix until combined If it’s too sticky, add 1/2 tablespoon more solution at a time. The more you add, the thicker it’ll be. The less you add, the slimier it’ll be.
- Knead the slime. Using your hands, knead the slime until it holds together.
You can store slime in a container with lid, or in a zip top bag!
Find out about Henry VIII
Next, I want you to find something out for me.
Who were Henry the VIII’s wives?
Look at our Top 10 facts about the Tudors, you’ll find the answer there!
Make a flip book
We want you to create a flipbook animation!
These are super fun to make and look amazing.
You get a book and draw pictures on the pages of an animation you want to make, maybe it’s a man running or a dog doing a flip – it can be anything!
If you draw all the picture in the right way you can flip through the book and what you draw will come to life!
And that’s everything!
Lets recap what those 5 things were for today…
- Listen to the story quest podcast and retell the story to friends or family
- Find out how the ExoMars rover finds its way around mars
- Make slime
- Find out who Henry VIII’s wives were
- Create a flip book animation!