|Always a children’s classic, chocolate rice krispie cakes are easy to make and always a favourite.
Preparation time15 – 20 minutesWhat you’ll need
How to make them
- Melt the chocolate in small bursts in the microwave or over a bain marie (in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water)
- Add the butter, cut in to small pieces, stir in till melted
- Add the syrup, stir
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir in to the chocolate mix, gently
- Spoon in to 12 bun cases
- Leave to cool
Try these for an alternatives:
- Replace the rice krispies for cornflakes or bran flakes
- Check out our recipe for the special Rocky Road Chocolate Rice Krispie Cakes
- And also Prof Hallux’s version with cherries!