The amazing open-world covers an area with a representative size of over 155,000 square metres or 38 acres, making the virtual wonderland four times the size of the biggest real-world seasonal event in Austria.
It took specialist artist Ushio Tokura over 300 hours and more than 30 MILLION individual blocks to complete.
The NVIDIA RTX Winter World will give families across the globe a free festive immersive experience to explore that visitors can enjoy from the comfort of their own homes.
It will also offer an opportunity to raise funds for NVIDIA’s charity partner, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity (GOSH Charity).
The awesome Minecraft world includes roller coasters, a Christmas village, frozen ice-skating lake, penguin postal service and petting zoo tent, with playable storylines and quests.
There’s even some hidden Easter (Christmas?!) eggs paying tribute to some of your favourite festive films.
The world also features a full recreation of the Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) building and visitors will be able to donate via an in-game QR code to contribute to the charity’s ‘Home for Christmas’ fundraising campaign, which seeks to bring seriously ill children one step closer to home.
This includes, through funding state-of-the-art medical technology, pioneering research programmes into treatments and cures for rare conditions and patient and family support services.
Money raised will also help bring Christmas to the hospital for children from across the UK whose treatment needs to continue over the festive season, as well as funding important services for GOSH staff working to care for patients and their families. Visitors can also donate directly via this link.
Here are some step by step instructions on how to install the NVIDIA RTX Winter World (ask you parents before trying this):
- Download GeForce Experience and install the latest GeForce Drivers
- Ensure you have a GeForce RTX GPU installed in your PC
- Download and install the latest version of Minecraft for Windows
- Download the NVIDIA RTX Winter World, here: https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/nvidia-rtx-winter-world/
- Locate the downloaded file and double click
- Minecraft for Windows will open and a dialogue box at the top of the screen will let you know when the world is installed
- Click Play > Create > Scroll to the bottom to the ‘imported templates’ section & click Christmas Adventure RTX
- Click Create & the Christmas adventure will start
- To check if Ray Tracing and DLSS are enabled: Go to Settings > Video > scroll down and make sure Upscaling and Ray Tracing are enabled.
- Depending on the RTX GPU you have, you can increase the Ray Tracing Render Distance from 8 chunks in the video settings