Fortunately most people will never have to deal with a fire like Fireman Sam does, but make sure you know these important fire safety tips to stay safe.
- Never play with matches or lighters – if you find them tell an adult so they can be put somewhere safe.
- It is dangerous to play in the kitchen as there can be many hot surfaces and hot food and liquids which could hurt you.
- Be careful not to leave toys near to fires or heaters – they may catch fire.
- If there is a fire in a building you are in – get out and do not go back inside. When you are outside tell an adult quickly, or dial 999 from any telephone, it is free so you won’t need money.
- If you are trapped by fire keep the door shut and shout loudly – if there is a window go to it and shout out of the window for help.
Did you know? Unbelievably, some people call the fire brigade as a joke when there is not a real fire. This is called Hoax Calling – and it is a serious business. It can get you into very BIG trouble with the police, not to mention that it might stop a fire engine reaching a real fire in time. Never be tempted to do this, even as a joke.