Now when you’re heating up your house, it’s really important to make sure that rooms have ventilation.
But it’s really important to make sure these vents are never covered by anything – like a curtain, a picture or stuffed full of paper.
OLD appliances aren’t cool.
They’re often the culprit when there’s carbon monoxide in our houses, so we need to make sure they have a clean bill of health and are working properly.
Embed from Getty Images
If you’re lucky enough to have a real fire which burns coal or wood, then you should have the chimney swept once a year so that the fumes from the fire can escape.
The easiest way to be sure if there is carbon monoxide around is to get carbon monoxide alarms for your home.
Make sure they’re on every floor, especially where people are sleeping.
Safety Seymour is made possible with help from Cadent and Northern Gas Networks.
Explore all the free Fun Kids podcasts!
Download a series to listen to on your phone, tablet or in the car!