You now know how to stay safe at home with Carbon Monoxide.
But what happens if there’s carbon monoxide in other places you go – like when we’re in a hotel on holiday?
The invisible carbon monoxide gas can be produced anywhere where there’s heating or cooking equipment.
If they aren’t working as they should, any carbon monoxide released can make us feel very poorly – or worse.
So just like our homes – there can be a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in hotels and holiday apartments too.
This means it’s worth knowing what to look out for, even when you’re having fun on holiday!
If anyone in your party is feeling unwell – sick, dizzy or very tired – this may be a sign of carbon monoxide – especially if more than one person is affected.
Make sure you go outside for fresh air and ask the hotel managers to check for Carbon Monoxide. Or better still, why not take you’re a Carbon Monoxide alarm with you!
Safety Seymour is made possible with help from Cadent and Northern Gas Networks.
Explore all the free Fun Kids podcasts!
Download a series to listen to on your phone, tablet or in the car!