What you’ll need:
2 tbsp ketchup
½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1½ tablespoon clear honey or golden syrup
1 tablespoon English or Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon roughly chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus sprigs to garnish
Oil for brushing
You’ll also need some skewers
TIP: Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes before placing on BBQ so that they don’t catch alight.
How to make them:
- Peel the onions and top and tail them.
- Cut each one into 1.5cm slices, around the middle, so that the rings are preserved.
- This is the tricky bit – push the skewer through each slice – as if you were making a lollipop shape.
- Depending on size of your onions and the length of your skewer you can have just one slice per skewer or two, three or more!
- Mix together the other ingredients and brush thickly over the onions. If you prefer a vegan option, use golden syrup in place of honey, and English mustard instead of Dijon.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes until the onions are cooked through and beginning to char.
- Serve with rosemary leaves.
You can DOWNLOAD a copy of this recipe here!
And if you enjoyed this recipe, why not check out more here!
It’s really important to remember to ALWAYS BBQ OUTSIDE, as carbon monoxide is not harmful in open spaces!
Never BBQ inside your home or in a tent or gazebo – even if the doors are open.
And if you want to find out more about the CO Crew, click www.thecocrew.co.ukAdd a comment